Directly on the sandy beach of Jade Bay, Akumal–Tulum, Villa Zen del Mar is a Mexican-Modern inspired luxury villa. The 7,500 sq. ft. seven-bedroom villa is designed with luxury, privacy and ultimate pampering in mind. Stunning hardwood doors open up to the foyer with three-story high glass window presenting the Caribbean Sea. Rich, hand-made Mexican terra-cotta tile floors with four stairs that invite you to a sunken oversized living room, with ample seating for 18 guests. The living room opens directly to the pool patio with sliding glass doors that disappear into the walls – giving the entire villa a feel of indoor-outdoor luxury. A generous dining room boasts a specimen dining table crafted of a single slice of salvaged hardwood trunk. The indoor dining room opens into the outdoor dining room where al-fresco breakfast is served by the villa staff and lunch or dinner may be ordered by the Villa chef.
Outside by the beach there are multiple terraced patios, along the 20-meter (65’6”) infinity-edge swimming pool with built-in lounging area – great for kids learning to swim or adults sipping a cold one. Down six steps from the elevated pool patio is the lush tropical beach-front garden with paths leading to the beach-front palapa and the beach. Three ocean kayaks are available for villa-guests. Villa Zen del Mar is fully staffed by a dedicated concierge, two maids and a caretaker / butler.
All SEVEN Bedrooms are gracefully designed with Saltillo tiled floors, hand-honed walls and seven custom-hardwood king-size beds. Ultra-luxurious crisp and cool Egyptian cotton luxury-linens are draped with Mexican artisan bed-coverings, embroidered bed canopies and authentic Yucatecan hardwood doors. Zen style showcasing a blend of ancient Mayan, Spanish colonial and modern Mexican craftmanship. The living and dining areas, with their hidden sliding glass doors offer a wonderful space for family and friends to enjoy the view of the terrace, pool and interior all at once; adding a spark of fun to the peaceful flow of the villa.
These beautifully designed bedrooms do their part for your Zen experience with their luscious king-sized beds and shaded balconies. Two oversized penthouse suites offer tropical elegance as you sleep under a thatched roof and wake up to magnificent views of the ocean. Each bedroom has a unique bathroom and some with hand-made bathtubs.
Complete Seclusion offered by the walled garden ensuring complete privacy from the outside world, where the only bustle you’ll see might be from the many birds that visit the flowers and trees.
The Spa Palapa sits at the far end of the long pool where you can relax with an expert stress dissolving massage – four one-hour complimentary massages are included with a one-week rental.
Recharge… Sitting on the terrace sipping your morning coffee, looking out to sea, hearing the rolling waves come to shore and the gentle breeze gliding through the coconut trees, you can truly understand what “Zen” means. Nature seems to be echoing a relaxing mantra all about you. This spot is definitely a practice that needs to be experienced – external realities melt away. Our seven-bedroom villa on Jade Bay in Akumal, Zen del Mar, is just that – a place of serenity on the water. The villa´s three garden terraces with dining and a pool lead you down to one of the Coast´s most important sea turtle nesting beaches. You can stroll along the shore, snorkel the surreal bay or chill in the shade of the beach-palapa on a hanging beach bed.
- Warm and welcoming modern-Mexican architecture;
- Spacious Living Room and Dining Room;
- Stunning direct view of the Caribbean Sea from all rooms and bedrooms;
- Generous spaces for large gatherings;
- Ample spots for secluded private escapes.
- Hand-made Mexican terra-cotta floors, craftsmen-honed stucco walls, high-ceilings and artisan-crafted hardwood doors create a feeling of authentic Mexican luxury.
Villa Features and Accommodations
- Oversized sunken living-room with expansive glass doors into the pool-patio features circular seating where you can enjoy an intimate family gathering or an 18-person get-together;
- Generous indoor dining room has seating for 18 around a specimen dining table crafted of a single slice of salvaged hardwood trunk by local artisans;
- A marble bar, where guests may have a light breakfast or share a margarita in the afternoon separates the dining room from the kitchen;
- The kitchen, with its three distinct areas, is conducive to family or friends cooking together or for chef-services;
- ALL SEVEN bedrooms command views of the Caribbean Sea or of the pool. All bedrooms have king-size beds. Bedrooms are air-conditioned with high ceilings and ceiling fans. Each bedrooms has its own en-suite bathroom;
- Two Penthouse Suites are perfect for honeymooners – real or at heart. The soaring palapa roofs designed to wow you as you enter the suites.
- Luxurious high-thread-count Egyptian-Cotton sheets clad the plush mattresses and pillow selection of down or down-alternative;
- We Custom-designed artisan-woven Mexican bed-covers to elevate the villa to new heights of luxury for your enjoyment;
- SEVEN Luxurious bathrooms – five of which have showers and bathtubs – invite you to pamper yourself on your beach-side stay. Practice the art of self-indulgence using the Mexican hand-made natural bath and hair products curated from local makers in the Yucatan;
Sitting on the terrace sipping your morning coffee, looking out to sea, hearing the rolling waves come to shore and the gentle breeze glide through the coconut trees, you can truly understand what “Zen” means. Nature seems to be echoing a relaxing mantra all about you. This spot is definitely a practice that needs to be experienced – external realities melt away. Our seven-bedroom villa on Jade Bay in Akumal, Zen del Mar, is just that – a place of serenity on the water. The villa´s three garden terraces with dining and a pool lead you down to one of the coast´s most important sea turtle nesting beaches. You can stroll along the shore, snorkel the surreal bay or chill in the shade on a hanging beach bed.
Bedroom 1 – Zen Suite
Conveniently on the main level of the villa, enter this ground floor suite through stunning colonial-style doors. The Saltillo tile floors, high ceiling and expansive space envelopes you with luxury. The hardwood four-poster canopy bed takes you across time. An impressive en-suite all-marble bathroom with a double sink and a hand-made bathtub for two is walled with glass brick – inviting in soft light. Large sliding-glass doors offers amazing views of the Caribbean and the pool, as well as direct access to the pool deck and the Zen Spa Palapa.
Bedroom 2 – El Mar Suite
At the top of the stairs to the second floor enter the haven of El Mar Suite. The suite offers a canopy bed crafted of local hardwood posts with matching oversized hardwood headboard. The sliding glass door offers views of the Caribbean Sea, accessing the balcony with a secluded outdoor shower overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The en-suite bathroom has a generous double sink and a hand-made oversized marble bathtub for two.
Bedroom 3 Arrecife Suite
As its name suggests, the Reef Suite commands a 180-degree view of “our” section of the second-largest reef in the world. This large 300 sq. ft. suite has a regal king-size canopy-bed and a second twin (single) bed, designed as a lounging sofa or offering luxurious sleeping for an additional guest. The marble-clad shower has a view of the Caribbean Sea.
Bedroom 4 – Olas Suite
The gentle waves of the Caribbean Sea gave this suite its name. It has an oversized sliding-glass door that open to a generous balcony – with an outdoor lounging or sleeping bed. This suite has a king-size canopy-bed and a second twin (single) bed, offering private lounging or luxurious sleeping for an additional guest. The marble-clad shower with its glass-block structure has a view of the Caribbean Sea.
Bedroom 5 – Delicias Suite
With its subdued elegance and earth tones, this suite opens up as a large seashell. Featuring one king-size and a one double bed, this suite beckons you to sleep, and wake rested. Oversized sliding glass door opens to the balcony where you may greet the morning or have an afternoon drink. The en-suite bathroom has a marble soaking tub-shower and double sink.
Bedroom 6 – Mi Amor Penthouse Suite
“Amazing” is how guests emote when they first cross the threshold of this penthouse suite. The expansive space with treetop ocean views. The soaring palapa roof creates a continuous 1,000 sq. ft. open space above the king-sized hardwood canopy bed. A hammock and seating area complete the feel of total sexy privacy. The oversized tub-shower speaks of “honeymoon”.
Bedroom 7 – Pasión Penthouse Suite
The Jewel in the Crown is the ultimate 1,200 sq. ft. (120 sq. m) penthouse master suite. With two seating areas, two balconies – one overlooking the jungle and one the Caribbean Sea – pampered guests never wants to leave! The hand-crafter king-sized bed commands the center of the suite. A custom tub is raised to gain views of the Caribbean Sea over the private balcony. Indeed, the Jewel of Zen del Mar.